We are working toward a future in which everyone has access to the connections, opportunities, supports and services they need to live full lives in vibrant, sustainable rural communities.
We offer innovative holistic programs to support children, youth, adults, seniors and families to learn new skills, build on their strengths, access supports and services, and work together to nurture positive individual and community growth.
Our Strengths & Values
The following principles are at the heart of our approach:
Strategic Directions & Community Partnering Priorities
The following three strategic directions will guide our actions over the next three years.
Access & Inclusion
Increase and sustain access to programming for all community members, particularly our most vulnerable.
- Identify and address barriers to ensure anyone can access our programs. [Number and type of barriers identified and addressed]
- Pilot innovative programming to meet the needs of community members in vulnerable circumstances including those most affected by the issue and those who have historically been excluded
[Number and types of new initiatives]
- Partner with existing organizations/agencies that serve vulnerable people. [Number of new initiatives developed in partnership with others]
- Further develop and build sustainability for our programs.
[Evidence of fund and relationship development]
Increase availability of, and access to, healthy food for all.
[Evidence of ways food and nutrition are included in programming]
Telling Our Story
Raise awareness of CRC’s programs, services and impact.
[Number, type and frequency of efforts made to raise awareness]
[Evaluation plan, reports, annual report]
Community Partnering Priorities
The CRC will continue to support individuals and collaborate with other organizations to address the following issues which affect our community.
Collaborate with other organizations to increase access to safe, healthy, affordable housing for all.
- Support other organizations to research, and develop affordable accessible housing.
- Assist community members to access housing supports and services.
Collaborate with other organizations to explore transportation options for our rural residents and communities.
- Support other organizations to further develop sustainable community transportation options.
- Assist community members to access formal and informal transportation options.